Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Missing C79 Certificate

Hi I have a question regarding the C79 Certificate. We are still waiting for the C79 Certificate regarding December 2021. Up until now it has not been received by post. Is it possible to request a re-issue? If so how can we do that. Thanks in advance for your reply Kind regards DP
  • Submitted VAT Return via MTD is still marked "Open"

Hi we have submitted a VAT Return via MTD and got the Information that the VAT Return has successfully been submitted to HMRC. We also got a confirmation of the successful submission with a Formbundle Number. However, this period is still marked a "Open". Also an assessment for this period has been issued by HMRC. We tried multiple times over a longer period to contact the general enquiry Team by phone but unfortunately we are stuck in the waiting queue. Is there another option to contact the relevent departement of HMRC (by Phone or E-mail)? If so could you please give us the contact details. Thank you in advance for your reply. Kind Regards DP
  • Payment of VAT Return

Hello I have a question regarding the payment of VAT Returns. As a business established in the EU we are registered for VAT in UK. The payment is made via Bank transfer. As reference we always write our VAT number. The problem occurred that the payment for a VAT Return has not been allocated to that specific period. My question is now if we should include the specific period along the VAT Number as reference for the payment. Eg- "123456789 VAT Return 09/22" for the 3rd quarter of 2022. Thanks in advance for a reply DP
  • Importing goods from EU to UK into a customs Warehouse

HI I have a question regarding the Importation of goods from EU to UK into a customs Warehouse. The goods will leave this custome warhouse to annother country. My question in this regard is does the import from the EU to the UK need to be declared within the VAT Return? If so in which Boxes? Thanks in advance for a reply DP
  • Change of deregistration date

We have filed a deregistration for VAT for June,30 2022. The deregistration is already accepted by HMRC for that day, However we noticed that we need the VAT Number longer (at least until End of September 2022) Can we change the deregistration to September 2022 ? If so how can we do that. Thank you in advance for your reply. Kind regards DP
  • Change of legal entitiy-Partnership to Limited Company

Hello everyone, I have a question about a planned change of the legal entity for a business. The company is non UK based but registered for VAT in the UK. There is a plan to change the current legal entity from a partnership to a limited company. The VAT Number in the country where the company is based stays the same upon changing the legal entity. What is there to do in order to tell HMRC about of the change. Is there a deregistration of the previous company and registration of the new company required or can the current UK VAT Number be obtained by the new legal entity. Thank you in advance for your help regarding this matter. Kind regards DP
  • RE: Amazon Debit Note / Amazon Chargeback Program

Hi HMRC Admin 20 Thank you for you fast response
  • Amazon Debit Note / Amazon Chargeback Program

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding the invoices from Amazon (Amazon Debit Note) from the Amazon Chargeback Program. The Amazon UK branch is charging Bagging for products sold to customers. Those charges are viewed as compensation charges and therefore are outside of the scope of VAT (According to the Debit Note). The charges are deducted against the payment liabilities. The question is do we need to include those invoices within our VAT Return? If so which Box is the right one. Thanks in advance for a reply.
  • RE: Deemed supplies of non UK Businesses in VAT Return

Thank you for your response.
  • Deemed supplies of non UK Businesses in VAT Return

As a non UK business (registered for VAT in the UK), we are selling goods to the UK B2C under 135 GBP via an online marketplace. In the guideline (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/vat-and-overseas-goods-sold-to-customers-in-the-uk-using-online-marketplaces) it says that the transaction to the online marketplace is considered as a deemed supply. Do those transactions have to be filed in our VAT Return? Only in Box 6 as zero Rated transactions? We could not find any information/guidelines how those transaction effect the VAT Return. Thanks in advance for a reply.