Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Why I am getting message on self assessment Tax Penalty

It's incredibly frustrating to keep receiving tax penalty messages for the self-assessment year 2023-24. I started working in the UK on March 6, 2023, and worked only 26 days during the 2022-23 financial year. According to the HMRC site I used (https://www.gov.uk/check-if-you-need-tax-return), I shouldn’t need to submit a tax return. Calling a HMRC has too much waiting to resolve the issue.
  • RE: Self Assessment refund delays

I have also not received any refund yet and this request was submitted on 06-jun-2024 but no update is yet received. I have come back to my home country and contacting with HRMC is difficult and their waiting time is more than 30 mins which is again frustrating. Apart from this, need to ensure I should not forget HRMC self assessment login details because there is no easy way to access that again.
  • RE: Repayment Pending? It has been over 5 months

I am also is same situation. I has almost 3 months and nothing is received. Calling to HMRC has 20 to 30 mins waiting time which is also frustrating. Is it any easy way to communicate and resolve this issues.