Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Place of supply question (business to business) and whether to charge VAT

My UK consultancy business is due to be working with a large Chinese corporation. It has UK offices but the contract is with the Chinese company and their team/offices there. I am aware that I do not charge VAT on invoices where my services (mainly seminars) are 'consumed' outside of the UK. My questions surrounding this contract are whether I need to charge VAT for any element of the work undertaken such as: 1. where my seminars with China take place virtually (live streamed content 'consumed' in China) 2. home based meetings conducted with China virtually 3. virtual seminars with China which may also be attended by some delegates in UK or other foreign offices of the Chinese company 4. meetings at the UK office for preparatory work/staff observations (in order to be able to design and deliver the seminars virtually or sometimes in person in China)
  • RE: R&D tax credits - additional information form

Thanks for your help. I can now get to the form. It transpired that although I have access to our agent services account, the tickbox to the service needed was not ticked. Once this was done, my login credentials took me to the form.

I'm afraid it doesn't. When I click the 'start now' button and input our accounting firm's details, it just tells me we already have an agent services account. It does not link to any form. However, nowhere on our agent services accounts, can I find the an area where we can file, or sign up to file, R&D tax credits.

Thanks for your post. I cannot seem to find the form on our agent services account within the corporation tax area. Is it something I need to sign up to be able to access? I have been to the link you posted and clicked on start now, but on entering our firm's information, it just says we have an agent services account already but provides no further instructions as to how to access the online form.
  • R&D tax credits - additional information form

I need to submit and R&D tax credit for my client with a May-23 year end so an new additional information form is needed. I have an agent services account. However, I cannot seem to find a link to the new additional information form. Is this a service that needs to be linked to the agent account? If so, how?