Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Fraud pretended to be my employer

What assistance can you provide on this forum? I'm simply inquiring about a straightforward matter, not delving into my tax affairs. This is akin to understanding the terms and conditions and policies of a company, which should be transparent and readily available. Despite posting, emailing, and calling, I've received no response after waiting for a month. What steps can I take to escalate this issue? What process can I take for legal action?
  • RE: Fraud pretended to be my employer

Thank you for your prompt response and the provided address for submitting details to HMRC regarding the fraudulent activity I reported. However, I need to stress the urgency and severity of this matter. I have already sent the letter and email but no reponse. As I await HMRC's review of the information I have provided, I demand clarity on the expected timeframe for their response and the service level agreement (SLA) governing such investigations. It is imperative that HMRC acts swiftly given the serious implications of this fraudulent activity for my financial well-being. Moreover, I need assurance on the steps HMRC will take if I do not receive a timely response or if the issue persists despite their intervention. I have already reported the incident to multiple authorities, and HMRC's failure to address it promptly will exacerbate the situation. I expect HMRC to take immediate and decisive action to resolve this matter. Any further delays or inaction will be deemed unacceptable, and I will not hesitate to escalate this issue through all available channels until it is resolved satisfactorily.
  • Fraud pretended to be my employer

In February 2024, I discovered that a company I've never recognized reported me as an employee, in addition to my actual employer. Despite contacting HMRC, I was instructed to reach out to these supposed employers directly, whom I've never worked for and have no means to contact. This situation is highly suspicious, compounded by the fact that the registered company address seems dubious. I fear this fraudulent activity will adversely affect my financial standing. To HMRC, I have collected pertinent information, including the company's name, registration number, address, and any other relevant details. Please let me know if you require this information for further investigation.
  • RE: Incorrect Employers - HMRC unable to correct

This happening to me too, In February 2024, I discovered that a company I've never recognized reported me as an employee, in addition to my actual employer. Despite contacting HMRC, I was instructed to reach out to these supposed employers directly, whom I've never worked for and have no means to contact. This situation is highly suspicious, compounded by the fact that the registered company address seems dubious. I fear this fraudulent activity will adversely affect my financial standing. I wish I can expose the details of this "company" and for other as reference.