Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2024 21:18:51 GMT by Nat Ngan
In February 2024, I discovered that a company I've never recognized reported me as an employee, in addition to my actual employer. Despite contacting HMRC, I was instructed to reach out to these supposed employers directly, whom I've never worked for and have no means to contact. This situation is highly suspicious, compounded by the fact that the registered company address seems dubious. I fear this fraudulent activity will adversely affect my financial standing. To HMRC, I have collected pertinent information, including the company's name, registration number, address, and any other relevant details. Please let me know if you require this information for further investigation.
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2024 13:54:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Nat Ngan,
I would send any details you have in connection with the company to allow this to be reviewed by HMRC.
The address is:
HMRC, Self Assessment & PAYE, BX9 1AS UK
Thank you. 
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2024 12:07:59 GMT by Rodrigo Toledano
Hi, I have got the same issue from Nat Ngan, yesterday I access my online tax account, and I have seen that a company I've never recognized reported me as an employee, and also received the information that I should contact directly this company, but I have no means to do it, because they don`t have any contact number or e-mail. Should I also send my request to HMRC to review it by letter?
Posted Wed, 03 Apr 2024 08:16:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Rodrigo Toledano,
You would need to contact HMRC to review:
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you. 
Posted Thu, 04 Apr 2024 13:17:52 GMT by Nat Ngan
Thank you for your prompt response and the provided address for submitting details to HMRC regarding the fraudulent activity I reported. However, I need to stress the urgency and severity of this matter. I have already sent the letter and email but no reponse. As I await HMRC's review of the information I have provided, I demand clarity on the expected timeframe for their response and the service level agreement (SLA) governing such investigations. It is imperative that HMRC acts swiftly given the serious implications of this fraudulent activity for my financial well-being. Moreover, I need assurance on the steps HMRC will take if I do not receive a timely response or if the issue persists despite their intervention. I have already reported the incident to multiple authorities, and HMRC's failure to address it promptly will exacerbate the situation. I expect HMRC to take immediate and decisive action to resolve this matter. Any further delays or inaction will be deemed unacceptable, and I will not hesitate to escalate this issue through all available channels until it is resolved satisfactorily.
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 11:52:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You will need to contact our Income Tax team for details of any timeframe for dealing with your query.

Income Tax: general enquiries 

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 18:31:50 GMT by Nat Ngan
What assistance can you provide on this forum? I'm simply inquiring about a straightforward matter, not delving into my tax affairs. This is akin to understanding the terms and conditions and policies of a company, which should be transparent and readily available. Despite posting, emailing, and calling, I've received no response after waiting for a month. What steps can I take to escalate this issue? What process can I take for legal action?
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 14:47:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

We apologise for the delay in our response.  Please be assured that HMRC take all allegations of fraud seriously and have a robust process in place to investigate them. Unfortunately, we aren't at liberty to divulge the details of individual reports on a public forum.

If you haven’t already done so please contact Income Tax: General Enquiries who will be able review and assist with your personal PAYE record. 

We ask that all instances of fraudulent activity are to be reported via this link: Report tax fraud or avoidance to HMRC

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.