Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: How to report income from abroad for an individual

Hi Joseph, Thank you for the article, it's very helpful! However, I'm still unsure so I hope that someone might comment here. Although my income from abroad will definitely be under £1k/year I also have other income. Recently, I started a limited company which is unrelated to this so I'm not sure to what extent it affects that. As I read more it seems like it would be more trading incomes which makes it more complicated. I'll see if someone kindly advises, otherwise, I guess I'll have to look for some professional advice. Thank you. :) Best, Tomas
  • RE: How to find out what's the date to pay employees in PAYE

Hello, That's great, thanks for letting me know. Have a great day! :) Best, Tomas
  • Paying national insurance with the PAYE tool

Hello everyone, This might sound like a silly question but as a new business founder, I would like to double-check this. I made my very first payment with the PAYE software. Can I please double-check if the national insurance gets automatically calculated there or if I need to do something else? If so, would you please be able to provide further advice or guidance? I tried to search online but found it quite overwhelming and didn't manage to figure it out. Thank you very much. Best, 

Name removed admin . 
  • How to find out what's the date to pay employees in PAYE

Hello everyone, How do I please find out the specific date that I need to pay my employees? Currently, there are no employees in my company with only me as a director. However, I'm not sure where or how to check what's the date that I need to make the payment so that I avoid any troubles. I might have missed it when setting up PAYE and didn't manage to figure it out afterwards. Thank you very much. Best, 
  • Checklist of responsibilities to cover for a starting entrepreneur

Hello everyone, As someone who started a business recently, I still find it a bit overwhelming. I was wondering if someone could share some useful articles that cover the main responsibilities that a director needs to cover, including legal, accounting, etc. Of course, I've done loads of research and tried to prepare as much as I could but still, would like to double-check everything. I've been going through HMRC's pages but find it quite generic and often hard to understand. I know I can speak to a professional but I'm trying to find more budget-friendly options. Thank you very much. Best, 
  • How to report income from abroad for an individual

Hello everyone, Could someone please advise me on how to report income from abroad for tax purposes? I've received a little income (less than £10/month) from SkillShare and need to report it. However, I'm not a sole trader or a company or anything for that. If someone could share an article that explains this or just point me in the right direction where to go and what to do it would be greatly appreciated. I tried to figure it out by myself but I'm confused. Thanks a lot. Best, 

Name removed admin