Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Home responsibilities protection

WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.

Hi, Is there a member of HMRC Admin that can answer my question posted 3 days ago please? That is :- My 3 children were born in 1985, 1987 & 1989. I met my current wife in 1991 and she moved in with me in 1992 caring for my children full time while I continued working full time. The child benefit was in my name and we decided to leave it like that through the duration of them growing up. My wife reached state pension age in May 2006. Can you please tell me why reaching state pension age in 2006 prevents her from claiming HRP as she cared full time for my children throughout the qualifying years?

My 3 children were born in 1985, 1987 & 1989. I met my current wife in 1991 and she moved in with me in 1992 caring for my children full time while I continued working full time. The child benefit was in my name and we decided to leave it like that through the duration of them growing up. My wife reached state pension age in May 2006. Can you please tell me why reaching state pension age in 2006 prevents her from claiming HRP as she cared full time for my children throughout the qualifying years?