Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• VAT digital products - non resident

Hi, please help as I’m not sure if I understand rules around VAT. My company is LTD registered in the UK as a non resident. I live and work from Europe (outside EU). I’ll be selling digital products, such as e-books and digital/online courses (prerecorded lessons) to customers (physical persons, maybe some businesses here and there) worldwide, including UK. Am I subject to VAT? If yes, does this bellow apply to me: You must register for VAT if • your total VAT taxable turnover for the last 12 months was over £90,000 (the VAT threshold) • you expect your turnover to go over £90,000 in the next 30 days Since I’ll be selling digital products worldwide, is this 90.000 gbp for total income (all customers in the world), or only for customers in the UK? Please help and clarify, thank you
  • RE: Statutory letter - non resident

Hi, I still didn’t start a business activity, I’m still working on my website, business bank account etc. So, if I understand right - I need to register an account here: https://www.gov.uk/log-in-register-hmrc-online-services/register ? Do I need to register now or later, when I start a business activity? Also, how will I tell you when I start a business activity? Where can I notify you about that?
  • Statutory letter - non resident

Hi, I received a statutory letter with my UTR number for my LTD company. I’m a non resident and still didn’t start a business activity. If I understand correctly, it says that within 3 months of starting a business activity (meaning starting to receive income?), I need to go to HMRC website and apply for tax? Do I understand it right? Is there anything else I should do?