Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Remote consultancy paid in Euros = "foreign income"

    I currently work for a UK university full time and pay tax by PAYE. I am UK resident. From time to time I review research grants for European agencies and get paid in Euros. It is stipulated by these agencies that doing so does not make me an employee, so presumably I am doing it by self employment. Do I need to declare this income via self assessment and should I do so as "foreign income" or something else?