Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Pension received from the Govt. of HK

    Thanks for your clarification. I have earned bank interest as well as fund/securities dividends in Hong Kong. Is it necessary to enter the Hong Kong Pension under this circumstance?
  • Pension received from the Govt. of HK

    I was government employee in Hong Kong and now living in UK after retirement. I understand that under the Uk/Hong Kong Double Taxation Agreement, the monthly pension received from the HK SAR Government will only be taxed in Hong Kong. I wish to clarify, for on-line completion of my Self Assessment Tax Return: (i) Is it that that I need to tick NO for “Foreign tax credit relief” under the section “Overseas pensions, social security benefits and royalties etc” as no relief will be available? (ii) On the page “Pension saving tax charges etc”: Since the party paying my pension is the Govt. of the HKSAR and I don’t have to make any contribution, my answers to all boxes in the page (e.g. those relating to Lifetime Allowance and tax paid by the pension scheme) should be £0.00? Thank you very much.