Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Overseas Remote employee for a UK based employer

Good afternoon HMRC team, I am a French citizen (EU). I am based in the UK, resident since 2015 and I have a Settled-Status right-to-remain. Currently, I am a PAYE for a UK-based company, and I pay all my taxes/pension in the UK. In 2025, I am moving back to France. My UK-based company employer confirmed that I will keep my job, and due to the nature of my job, I can perform this fully remotely from France. Nevertheless, I need your guidance for the questions below: Question 1: What my employer should do with HMRC for my case? I read things about NI code and not have me on the payroll? Question 2: How should I proceed from an employee point of view? I assume I will fill in P85 when I leave the UK. Then pay my taxes in France (EU), which I will inquire how to do with the French tax department. So what type of amount of money should end up on my French bank account if I have to pay my taxes in France? As of now, the money ending up on my UK bank account is post-tax... Question 3: What is a NT taxe code? Do I have to do double taxation (there is a deal between FR-UK)... Many thanks in advance... Kind regards