Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Cannot verify my identity - what can I do?

Hi, Thanks for the reply, as I said I have already contacted the Technical support with HMRC online services but they replied it is not technical problem and cannot help me. I have also called the childcare service but they said I need to create the government gateway in order to get the code. So, it goes back to my question how to pass my identification check in the government gateway? Appreciate if I can have the postal address to contact HMRC officer for the identification check please? Thank you.
  • RE: Cannot verify my identity - what can I do?

Hi there, I have the same problem like others, I can login to the Government gateway, but i cannot pass the identification check using my UK driving license. I am holding a foreign country passport which put my name in one line only (which means it didn't separate family name and given name), and we put our family name in front of given name which is different from UK usually put family name at the back. In my UK driving license, my full name was shown in one line same as my passport in line 1 (Surname) and leave line 2 (given name) blank. However when I input my personal data in the HMRC apps for identification check, I must put it in 2 lines and not allow to leave blank which leads the system cannot verify when I uploaded my UK license (data not matched!). I tried to send email to Online support but they replied it is not a technical problem and asked me dont send to them again. I tried to call the helpline and they said they cannot do the identification check on phone. I tried to request a face to face meeting with HMRC but they replied said i am not having special needs so they cannot arrange the visit. Asking in this forum is my last hope and i want to solve it ASAP, i cannot get the child public funding because i cannot generate the code from HMRC, I cannot assess my tax declaration and I cannot do anything related tax. I read some old posts saying can send all the documents to a postal address for verification, I am happy to do it and I got all the documents ready, appreciated if you can provide the latest postal address and let me know what kind of documents I need to send (photocopy or original?) I have been transferred around different departments within HMRC and hope I can find the ultimate solution here, thank you very much!