Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Allocations of voluntary contributions sent by overseas bank transfer

Still waiting after 5 months, and I've phoned twice but they can't do anything over the phone except tell me they received the money and it's in my record. At least that's good to know. Just not yet allocated to the years to update my contribution history and State Pension forecast. I guess there's a backlog or staff shortage or something?! It would be nice if international payments could be added to the "when will you hear from us" tool, please.
  • RE: 14 months and payment still not allocated....

Yes, a long delay! I sent about 17 years of NI contributions 5 months ago, in two payments. I've phoned the Helpline twice and each time been told yes, they have the money (and confirmed the amounts), but it's not yet allocated. I can't get through to the international team to "arrange the money to be allocated", am just told to wait. The "when will you hear from me" page says postal payments are currently processing February 2024, so April payments should be completed in October, but I'm not sure if that's the same for international payments. I'm taking that as an indication though.