Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 26 May 2024 02:49:09 GMT by Franky O'Connor
Hi, I recently had my application accepted to make voluntary Class 2 NI contributions. I made two payments by bank transfer from my bank account here in Australia, to cover the shortfall years 2006-2023, with the necessary reference number. This was about 6 weeks ago. How long does it take to have those payments allocated to my HMRC account and reflected in my state pension forecast and NI contributions report? I'd like to see those payments before I send my contribution for 2024. Many thanks.
Posted Fri, 31 May 2024 16:30:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Franky,
It can take 6 weeks for a payment to be processed and appear on your national insurance record.
Please ensure with your bank the funds cleared to HMRC and if it has been over 6 weeks, please contact the overseas
National insurance helpline and they can investigate this for you.
Please ensure you have all the necessary information when you call the helpline.
Open - Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2024 03:36:40 GMT by Franky OConnor
Still waiting after 5 months, and I've phoned twice but they can't do anything over the phone except tell me they received the money and it's in my record. At least that's good to know. Just not yet allocated to the years to update my contribution history and State Pension forecast. I guess there's a backlog or staff shortage or something?! It would be nice if international payments could be added to the "when will you hear from us" tool, please.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.