Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Contact to check on National Insurance Gaps paid but not yet credited?

Hello I started recdeiving my UK State Pension this year. I am living abroad. I had already received a response from my CF83 application regarding paying voluntary national insurance contributions. Over a month ago I made a payment for a number of payment gaps. I have heard nothing since and have received no confirmation of the payment. My online National Insurance record still shows the payment gaps and the payment is not reflected Who should I contact please to check on this? Many Thanks for your help
  • Nominated Bank Account for State Pension

Hello First of all thanks for all of the great help provided on this forum! My question is as follows: I have received a confirmation letter of my State Pension amount from the International Pension Centre. They confirmed in the letter that the amounts will be paid by "Direct Payment into the account you nominated." The problem is that I did not nominate any bank account so I have a few questions: - the fact that I have not been asked for a bank account and that they are confirming that they are making a Direct Payment - should I be worried that my Pension is being paid into some other bank account unknown to me? - assuming that the above is not the case and that it is my responsibility to inform them of my nominated Bank Account details - I assume that when those details are received that any arrears will be paid accordingly (or will I have to specifically request this?) - finally and most importantly - I am living in Ireland and my main bank account is in Ireland (in Euros). I also do have a Revolut Sterling GBP account? My question is what account number should I ideally nominate - EUR or GBP Sterling? and also how do I send my nominated bank account details to the Internantional Pension Centre? Many Thanks for all of your help
  • Paying Voluntary Class 3 Contributions (based abroad) having reached State Pension Age

I already reached State Pension Age. I am living abroad (in Ireland). I already completed Form CF83 back in August 2023 and this is now status COMPLETED. In April 2023 before reaching my State Pension Age I received a decision (written letter) on the amount of my State Pension from the International Pension Centre in Wolverhampton. On my National Insurance Record in GOV.UK I can view my Payable Gaps in my record (I have 17 payable gaps). Under "Next Steps"-"check if you can pay for gaps online" - it says that I cannot pay online (I guess because I have already reached State Pension Age) and that I should contact the Future Pension Centre. I called the Future Pension Centre and they sent me a follow-up letter saying that the International Pension Centre will send me information about my State Pension? However I already have all of the information that I need and I now just want to pay the 17 payable National Insurance Gaps. I know this and have decided that I want to do this. I have looked at how to pay Volumtary Class 3 National Insurance contributions by Online Bank Transfer from abroad (www.gov.uk/pay-voluntary-class-3-national-insurance/pay-online-state-pension-forecast). My first question is whether I can go ahead and make the total payment for the 17 payable gaps - as shown there - without speaking to anyone first? I know already that I want to make them? My second question is what is the process afterwards - after I have paid the national insurance gap years - in terms of my State Pension? Many Thanks