Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Moving overseas - implications for UK Ltd company business taxes

Hi, please can you direct me to the right HMRC helpline to speak to a person about moving overseas (EU - country with a dual taxation treaty) but keeping a UK Ltd company operational. Specifically, with regard to corporation tax and VAT liability - which may be claimed by both countries. Please do not direct me to HMRC guidance on moving overseas as I have read it, but now need to speak to a person. Thank you.
  • Who to speak to about paying voluntary contributions after moving overseas?

I plan to emigrate to the EU next year. I have checked my NI record and it gives me a number of years I still need to contribute before reaching pension age to get the full state pension. I have read all the guidance on qualifying years, and that on moving overseas, but some of it is contradictory. I will be working for myself when I go overseas and will close down my UK Ltd company. I want to talk to a person to clarify what class of contributions I can make once I move, and if I just need to make them for the number of years my NI record says I need. I cannot find the right number to call. Please can you direct me to the right place?