Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Am I due a tax rebate?

Oh ok thanks for letting me know. Will I be refunded the overpaid tax in full at some point, by cheque maybe or something like that? And if so when should I expect this?
  • RE: Am I due a tax rebate?

I have used the webchat service and it is told me that 'You do not need to do anything. Your Income Tax will be adjusted automatically throughout the year'. Does this mean that the money I have overpaid will just be taken off my upcoming monthly payments in the future or have I misunderstood?
  • Am I due a tax rebate?

I started work in June and have been working ever since, albeit I got a new job at the start of November. I have obviously been paying taxes since I started work after graduating from university. I received a letter saying that I had a tax free amount of 'x' , and I have been paying my income and national insurance taxes since I have been in employment. With my former job I only slightly earned more than my tax free amount for that job and in my second job I still feel under my tax free amount completely. Will I be due back some of the tax I paid earlier in the year and if so what would I have to do to be able to retrieve this money?