Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Foreign Tax paid - Property Income Allowance & Foreign Property Tax Relief

    Hello HMRC admin team, Thank you first of all for creating this forum. It's extremely helpful to get answers about any questions we have. My question is: I have filled in my Self Assessment for a Foreign Property I own in Greece as always. This year I noticed the Property Income Allowance for the first time and I filled it in for the full 1000 pounds as my income was 1022. I understand I should not put any numbers to the deductable expenses I have made to the property. My questions are: 1. I have put the Foreign Tax I have paid for the property under "foreign tax paid for property". Is this correct as i have used the Property Income Allowance? 2. I have also put the Foreign Tax paid in the Foreign Property Tax Relief, which is what I do every year as this was what I was advised for. Is this correct? Many thanks, Ann