Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: BNO

Dear Admin, sorry for typo, my question should be I have a BNO visa and my pension age will be Jan 2035. I plan to come to UK in Dec 2024 and start my self employ business and rent out a residential property. would like to know ; 1. May I start pay my National contribution by voluntary class 2 in Jan 2025 for coming 10 years to get state pension after my retirement ? 2. would like to confirm that state pension NOT public fund benefits, I can get my state pension after I make the National contribution for 10 years even while the first 5 years I make the contribution in BNO visa status. Please advise thank you very much
  • RE: BNO

I have a BNO visa and my pension age will be Jan 2035. I plan to come to UK in Dec 2024 and start my self employ business and rent out a residential property. would like to know ; 1. May I start pay my National contribution by voluntary class 2 in Jan 2024 for coming 10 years to get state pension after my retirement ? 2. would like to confirm that state pension NOT public fund benefits, I can get my state pension after I make the National contribution for 10 years even while the first 5 years I make the contribution in BNO visa status. Please advise thank you very much.
  • RE: NI 10 years qualify

Hi . thank you for your advice of the above. As my pension age will be Jan 2035 , May I know is it a must for me to obtain the NI number and start to pay the voluntary national insurance in Jan 2025 ?? thank you very much.
  • NI 10 years qualify

Hi. My pension age will be January 2035, I am self employed and rent out a residential property, earn annual profits of less than £6,725, May I start pay my National contribution by voluntary class 3 contributions in 2025/26 tax year to qualify to get state pension after my retirement ? Please give me some advice, thank you very much.