Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Error in personal details with HMRC

Hello. I have created an HMRC account, but I am having a problem to confirm my identity. I tried both available ways (scan face and documents in the ID check app, and enter details about details), both methods failed to confirm my identity. My name in my official documents (i.e. Passport, BRP, UK driving licence, and in the letter of the National insurance number) has 4 names. It is not specified to have first name or last name. However, my P60, two names are recorded as first name, and the forth name is recorded as last name, while it ignores my third name. When I start to confirm my identity in the HMRC website, I have to enter first and last names. I believe, this cause the confusion, and the system is not able to confirm my identity (comparing my HMRC records with my official document). I spoke many times with HMRC agents, but they told me that I can not solve this problem, I am still trying to figure out how to resolve this issue, as it has to be a way to fix it. Any suggestions?