Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Self Assessment Refund delays and lack of communication

Update - Spent over an hour on hold waiting to speak to an advisor just for a robot to tell me there's nobody available and just hang up. How on earth am I supposed to get any information when every avenue is simply shut down?
  • Self Assessment Refund delays and lack of communication

Back in January, I had a self assessment report put through for a refund of nearly £4000, and on setting up to review myself, sent a request for this to be credited to me directly back on 29th February as this had not been completed before. I've tried on a number of occasions to get an update regarding this as the information provided informed me that it would be 2 weeks from the first refund request back on 23rd January, then to wait until 23rd March for a response, and just now on checking it tells me to wait until 7th April, because they are checking requests from 3rd of March - several days AFTER my last request. I have tried multiple times to speak to and advisor over the phone, and my attempts to use the online chat have either failed due to an error with the bot, or I was told I was speaking to someone who handled technical issues with the site despite requesting to speak to someone specifically regarding refunds. Can somebody please give some insight as to what is happening, when I should expect at least some form of communication, or even a confirmation that my request was received outside a reference number that doesn't seem to have anywhere to check it against?