Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• No VAT number received

Dear all, whom do I need to contact and how to do it (any contact e-mail??) if I have not received a VAT number for my Ltd? The application was made on the 11th of April (already more than 40 working days ago). I have only the application reference number. Thanks in advance
  • No UTR number received

Dear all, the company was registered on the 20.02.2024. However, till now (already for more than 5 weeks) we have not received the information about UTR number. We already requested it for several times here - https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/ask-for-copy-of-your-corporation-tax-utr?_ga=2.256265419.1324076252.1711469486-478893595.1704902038 However, again there was no answer. Company registration number  Please, provide the UTR Thanks Julia

Edited by HMRC ADMIN 
  • Importing food supplements (correct labelling and FBO licence)

Dear all, I represent a company based in the UK focused on the import and online sale of food supplements from the EU and the USA to UK consumers. Our operations encompass the entire sales process, including payment processing, return policies, product quality, health and labelling compliance, importing, direct-to-consumer support, and sales terms. We plan to conduct our sales online and have partnered with a third-party for storage and distribution. Given our comprehensive management of these processes and the lack of a physical office—our current address is virtual and can receive post—we seek clarification on our eligibility for Food Business Operator (FBO) registration using a virtual address. Could you advise if registering as an FBO with a virtual address is permissible? If it is not allowed, could you please direct me to the specific legislation stating that FBOs cannot use a virtual address and must manage all operations directly? Furthermore, considering our business model, what would be the appropriate FBO registration status for us? Would "food broker" be accurate? Registration as an FBO is crucial for our operations, especially for importing food supplements, as the labels must list a local UK company with an FBO license as the importer.
  • Tax for UK-Based Company with Non-Resident Ownership

Dear all, Our company operates under the following conditions: - We are registered Ltd in the UK with a virtual local address. - The sole owner and director of the company holds German citizenship and resides outside the UK. - Our business generates revenue exclusively from within the UK, focusing on direct-to-consumer sales. Given these circumstances, we have several specific tax-related queries: - Which jurisdiction's laws determine our obligation for corporate tax, considering the non-resident status of our company's ownership? - As the director is not a UK resident and potentially receives a salary, how should salary taxes be handled? This inquiry also extends to scenarios where the director does not draw a salary. - What regulations govern the taxation of dividends, especially with a non-UK resident owner and director? Thanks in advance