Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• DT US Individual form, tracking status

After HMRC have received my DT US Individual Form, that has been stamped and processed by the IRS in the USA. Will I receive a letter or some kind of confirmation from the HMRC, that the DT US Individual form has been successfully processed by HMRC and the relevant information forwarded to my pension provider, so that no further income tax is removed on any withdrawals made from my UK pension? Is there a contact number I can reach out to, to verify the DT US Individual form has been successfully processed or if I have any questions?
  • HMRC Tax office address information

I have been living in the USA for 15 years. I need to confirm the HMRC tax office address to complete Part A of the DT US Individual form. My tax reference started 577/...... The tax address of my last statement in 2008 was Sherbourne House , 1 Manor Drive, Coventry. This HMRC office is now closed. Should I still use the Coventry address on the Part A of the DT US Individual form, as that is where my last tax return was processed, or is there a different address I should use? Is there anywhere in my gov.uk account, I can see my current tax office address?
  • US-individual 2002 form section C2 section question

I live in the USA and plan to pay income taxes on my UK pensions in the USA. In 2024 I will complete the firest US-individual 2002 form section C2 with the details requested of the first UK pension scheme, I will start to take pension income from, Then, submit the completed US-individual 2002 form to the IRS and it will be received by HMRC. Then in 2025, I will complete a second US-individual 2002 form with details of the second UK pension scheme, I will receive income from starting in 2025, My question is on section C2 of the second US-individual 2002 form that I will submit in 2025 , do I have to list the pension I started in 2024 as well as the new pension I started to take in 2025, or do I only have to list in section C2, the new pension scheme income taken in 2025? Or to put it another way, when I submit additional US-individual 2002 forms, do I need to list in section C2, the pension income details, that have been submitted on previous US-individual 2002 forms or just new pension schemes income, that have not previously been submitted?
  • RE: Completion of Form US Individual

In 2024 I will complete the US-individual 2002 form section C2 with the details requested of the first UK pension scheme , I have started to take pension income from, Then, submit the completed US-individual 2002 form to the IRS and it will be received by HMRC. Then in 2025, I will complete a second US-individual 2002 form for the second UK pension scheme, I have started to receive income from in 2025, My question is on section C2 of the second US-individual 2002 form that I will submit in 2025 , do I have to list the pension I started in 2024 as well as the new pension I started to take in 2025, or do I only have to list in section C2, the new pension scheme income taken in 2025? Or to put it another way, when I submit additional US-individual 2002 forms, do I need to list in section C2, the pension income details, that have been submitted on previous US-individual 2002 forms or just new pension scheme income, that have not previously been submitted?
  • RE: Completion of Form US Individual

Referencing the above, if I only take the 25% tax free lump sums from my UK pensions now, and delay taking the other 75% of the pension pot until I am 65. Do I need to complete the form US-individual 2002 when the 25% tax free lump sums are received,, or can I wait until I am 65 to complete the US-individual 2002 , when I start taking taxable income from the 75% of my pension pots that are taxable to ensure income tax is paid in the USA only?
  • Completion of Form US Individual

I moved to the USA 15 years ago and an hold dual British and American citizenship. Over my working career in the UK, I was in 3 company pension schemes, through difference pension companies ( Aviva, Zurich and Aegon). I am now looking to retire at 58, starting in 2024 to take the 25% tax free lump sums ( one pension scheme per year), and then take either drawdown or annuity payments. I will also be entitles to a UK state pension in 2032. I want to pay tax only in the USA, so I have been advised by my USA Accountant to complete the HMRC Form US Individual, so that when I start the above pensions, no tax is taken in the UK. When I took at the HMRC US Individual form, section C2 requests that due dates be provided on payable income. Can I enter dates into the future for when income starts from my UK company pension schemes, and how accurate does the due date have to be? If I cannot, what process should I use to ensure no tax is taken out, when I start taking the 25% tax free lump sums,then the annuity or dropdown on the UK pensions UK state pension and I have?