Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Wrong number of NI years ago

Thanks for your reply. I've heard of the juvenile credits but I thought that as I wasn't living in the UK at that time, they wouldn't have awarded to me. A bit confusing tho, as I am not an UK citizen and wasn't living in the UK when I was 16, 17 and 18 years old. Those 3 years don't appear on my NIC page. But on my pensions page it says 33 rather than 30, hence why I asked as I can't see those years but I'd relax a bit now. Thanks again
  • RE: Wrong number of NI years ago

Also, should I ask for a letter of my NICs contributions? I remember I asked for one and it was the same info I see when I log on my Hmrc Gateway app. I count 30 years on the NIC page , however, the pensions page says 33. Thanks
  • Wrong number of NI years ago

Hello. Let's say I spend 30 years in UK and I have paid 30 years of NI, but my Hmrc gateway says I have paid 33 years which is not right as I am not an UK citizen and I only spent 30 years in UK from the age of 22. Should I call them to correct the mistake? Thanks
  • RE: Wrong number of years NI

Thanks. Maybe I should have added that I am Spanish and now I am back in Spain for good and when I first arrived to UK, I was 23 years old so the extra 3 years for the Juvenile Credits wouldn't apply to me. However, I did work 3 years in Spain previous to moving to the UK. Maybe the UK is taking into account my years worked in Spain, the same way Spain is taking into account the years I worked in the UK?? ⁿ
  • Wrong number of years NI

Hello! Something is bothering me regarding my NIE contributions. My gateway page says I have 33 years so far where I contributed. But it is not right as I only got 30. I don't know where the other years come from?? Is it a mistake? Should I notify them? Thanks