Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: How to I declare I am no longer a UK tax resident?

Thank you for your reply. Can I check whether or not I need to do a tax return by post? I have previously lived in the UK so I do have an HMRC account. But since I now live in France, does the self assessment tax return need to be done by post as it is the first one I am doing? Thank you
  • What exactly do I declare as a non-UK tax resident on my property in the UK

Hi, I am a non-UK tax resident but I am a UK citizen. I own a property in the UK and want to declare the income I have received on it. I know how much the flat is rented out at, but I also know I am allowed to deduct allowable expenses as well as having a UK personal allowance. Keeping this in mind, how do I declare the income as a non UK tax resident? (I am finishing my sign up for self-assessment but there have been some issues that I am dealing with someone on the phone with). What form would I need to fill in and would it be online or by post? Am I right that I would declare the income I received, then that my personal allowance would then come into play, and then I would declare my allowable expenses (such as service charges, letting agent fees,...) Thank you for your help!
  • How to I declare I am no longer a UK tax resident?

Hi, I am looking for help as I am a UK citizen but a non-UK tax resident. I own a flat in the UK and I rent it out. I have also already filed a tax return in France (where I live). My question is how do I let HMRC know that I am no longer a UK tax resident? Is there a form to fill in? What are the formalities? Thank you for your help!
  • Overseas assets, income or gains letter

Hi there, I am a UK citizen living abroad. I received a letter saying that HMRC has been informed through UK's tax information exchange agreements with other countries that I mat not have declared everything I need to in the UK. I am very confused by this as I can't see what this could be referring to. Is there anywhere I can get specifics or someone I can call for clarifications? Thank you for your help