Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Tax Office Certificate For Sole Traders asked by google

Hi, Thanks for you reply. I have informed Google Play Support several times that there is no certificate for sole traders in the UK. They only reply saying the same thing as previously that I either need to supply incorporation documents (which only ltd companies have) or to contact the UK government and ask them to provide proof of being a sole trader. I am not sure who else one could contact at the government to get such a document. I have tried to supply them with my UTR, National Insurance Number and DUNS number however they are not accepting any of these. It seems like there is no proof I can supply them to show I am a sole trader in the UK (that they will accept) and yet in their help section it clearly says that sole traders can open organisation (business) developer accounts with them. If you can advise anything I would appreciate it. Thanks So they are sending people round in circles.
  • Tax Office Certificate For Sole Traders asked by google

I am trying to verify my business with google play. If I had a ltd company this would likely have been straight forward. However I am a sole trader. They are asking for specific documents as proof of a business in the UK as below: Certificate of incorporation VAT registration certificate Certificate of registration of charity Business Registry Document Tax Office Certificate (non-exhaustive list) Only for government departments and agencies: an official letter including full name, address and date As you are aware a sole trader in the UK would not have any of these. I have mentioned this to google play support many times however they keep replying with the same thing and not providing any further help or guidance. I wanted to know if I can get any kind of document to prove I'm a sole trader in the UK, from the government or HMRC which I can forward to google. For example a "Tax Office Certificate" or "certificate of sole trader ownership". it would need to show the business name I would really appreciate help on this.