Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Filling NI shortfall gaps from Turkey

I have finally received a reply from PT Operations, North East England stating that 'The last year which you can pay voluntary National Insurance contributions for is 2021 to 2022 & we've sent your enquiry to the International Pension Centre and asked them to send you information about your pension!. I don't understand this as I had received pension age at 66 in 2021 so I don't understand the part about paying voluntary National insurance contributions for 2021 to 2022. As I have 27 full years NIC made, I could make up the shortfall of 8 years by paying class 3 NIC and I would then have 35 years paid and get a full pension. Can you please explain
  • RE: Voluntary National Insurance contributions to complete State Pension

Hi Maeve Just login to HMRC online services and it will give you the option to sign in or set up and account. I did this a few years ago. It requires a bit of patience as there are a few steps but it is doable
  • RE: Voluntary National Insurance contributions to complete State Pension

I wholeheartedly agree with you, I have sent my completed form CF83 in June 2023 and they have acknowledged receiving it on 26 June 2023. I have checked the pension department's website on a monthly basis since then and all the info I am getting is "that it is in progress" . The matter keeps getting shifted along from initially it was going to be dealt with in February 2024, then pushed to March 2024, now it's June 2024. I have tried ringing them, different days, different times but kept waiting the the line until you eventually give up. It really beggars belief!
  • RE: Filling NI shortfall gaps from Turkey

Still no reply to my letter received by the pension department on 21 June 2023 in relation to paying additional class 3 national insurance contributions. When I check 'when can I expect to receive a reply' it keeps getting shifted from month to month. Originally, I was supposed to get a reply in February 2024, then to March 2024 and now to June 2024. When is this matter going to be resolved? Thank you