Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Need new UTR for resident status change?

    Hello, I am a non-UK resident last tax year and got UK rental income, thus I have a UTR last year. I moved to UK and become UK resident for 2022-23 tax year which I need to apply split year treatment. I am also working as a contractor in UK for an overseas company, income in foreign dollars. Do I need to apply a new UTR for self-employed? Understand SA109 is paper form only, can I still do self assessment online and send SA109 in mail? Or everything should be submitted in paper forms?
  • RE: SRT Second automatic UK test

    Thank you. So for my case, UK home started on 1 March 2023, plus 30 days of stay, my split year date is 31 March 2023 for the 2022-23 tax year?
  • SRT Second automatic UK test

    I have a question in the SRT second automatic UK test for the point "there is or was at least one period of 91 consecutive days when you had a home in the UK". If I have a 6-month rental contract as a home in UK started in 1 March 2023, there is less than 91 consecutive days upto 5 April 2023. Is that I don't meet the point? Thanks