Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Tax paid in Netherlands and Double taxation agreement

I'm being taxed in the Netherlands for the earnings I generate there. Therefore, when completing my UK Self Assessment, I assume I won't be taxed again on this income since I've already paid taxes on it in the Netherlands.
  • Tax paid in Netherlands or foreign income.

I am doing some work for a Netherlands company and they have insisted that I pay Dutch Tax on earnings in the Netherlands which I accept. I have obtained an A1 certificate meanings that I pay National Insurance on the income in the UK. My Question is tax rates in The Netherlands are different than in the UK. € 0 to € 37,149 Tax 9.28% National insurance 27.65% Total tax 36.93% € 37,150 to € 73,031 Tax 36.93% National Insurance 0% Total tax 36.93% If I earn up to € 37,149 my tax paid in the Netherlands would be 9.28% and National Insurance in the UK 10% so this would be less that the total 36/93% in The Netherlands. Am I liable fo my income to be then taxed in the UK as the tax bands are not the same.?
  • Double taxation of tax paid in the Netherlands

I recently commenced paid employment in The Netherlands and was surprised to discover a tax rate of 49.5%. This tax rate applies to earnings exceeding €73,000, a threshold I won't be reaching. In my upcoming self-assessment, if I include my foreign income under the Double Taxation agreement, will my tax liability be limited to the UK tax rate? Can I expect a refund from the UK for the additional tax paid in The Netherlands, which would have been the same as the tax for similar work in the UK? Or do I need to reclaim that excess tax directly from The Netherlands?
  • Employment in The Netherlands

I have been asked to do some temporary work In The Netherlands about 5 days a month. Due to the work visa the Dutch company want to pay me direct deducting NL tax and Insurance. How do I stand with UK vs NL tax, if it is deducted in NL do I still have to pay tax in the UK?