Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• HMRC Community Forum 'Opt-in' request via email

I recently received an email regarding the forum members 'Opt-in' request by 19 Feb 2024. I would like to know if this email is not a fraud email or it is an ‘real’ email asking members to respond to. It requires us to click on a link to 'Opt-in'. Thank you indeed.
  • RE: Foreign interest and dividends

Dear sir/madam, I am writing to enquire if it is necessary to get a UTR regarding foreign bank interest in a sum of approx. £1.5 (converted from Hong Kong dollars). My case is my sister has already retired and she doesn’t have any other income (no from any properties, no from trust, annual income is 0 and not a company director) but only the above mentioned amount £1.5, I read the guide from the HMRC, it seems that if foreign income less than £300 per year is not necessary to get an UTR for forwarding Tax Return. It would be much appreciated if you could advise me and my sister on this. Thank you very much indeed. Mabel
  • RE: Foreign interest and dividends

I am wondering if there is an error in Tax Return notes as below: Page TGR 3: at section 5. Foreign, the second bullet - it mentions “put this amounts in box 3 and box 5 on page TR 3 of your tax return”. I believe it is box 6 but not box 5. Typing error? Please advise. Thank you very much indeed.