Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Unique Taxpayer Reference - UTR

Hi HMRC team, I wonder if there is any update on this question?
  • Unique Taxpayer Reference - UTR

Hi, I am looking for my Unique Taxpayer Reference - UTR. When i log in in HMRC online services in my account i can't locate it? Could you please provide some guidance?
  • Receive HMRC documents abroad

Hi HMRC team, I am going to move in Greece permanently. I wonder if I can raise a SAR for my employment in the UK and the SAR to be sent to Greece. In other words, in order to request a document from HMRC I need to be physically in the UK or HMRC can send it oversea? Thanks . 
  • RE: Employment History

Hi HMRC t eam, I wonder if you had any chance to see and advise on this one ? Thanks
  • RE: Check the recognised overseas pension schemes notification list

Hi HMRC team, I wonder if you had any chance to see my post above and advise? Thanks, Antonis
  • Employment History

Hi HMRC team, I am going to move to Greece and the tax authorities asked me to provide my employment history from the UK. I was able to access the below page and find my employment history. However, the below is web-based and not an official documentation which i can provide to Greek authorities. Could you please advise how I can get an official document from HMRC with my employment history? https://www.gov.uk/get-proof-employment-history Thanks, 

Name removed admin
  • Check the recognised overseas pension schemes notification list

Hi HMRC team, I am planning to relocate from the UK to Greece. I have some pension contributions in private providers in the UK from my work in the UK. I asked them if it is possible to move the contributions to a private pension scheme in Greece. They told me to check if the private pension provider in Greece is listed in the HMRC recognised overseas pension schemes list. However, i could not find anything listed for Greece. I would like to understand if this requirement is mandatory and therefore the UK private pension provider can refuse my request to transfer the funds in a Greek private pension provider or it is not mandatory and therefore they must transfer the funds in a pension provider i will choose
  • RE: Saving & Pension Taxes from Abroad

Thank you HMRC team

Thank you , I really appreciate your effort to explain it to me as i find these topics quite complex. Back to my initial request I think i need a further clarification, if some can advise further please. I mean, in my question if my personal savings in a UK bank are going to be taxed when I leave permanently the UK. I just want to understand more about this. I mean, how i can find out what is my allowance in order to know if my savings are going to be taxed or not? I am sorry again as I find these topics a bit complex

Name removed Admin 

hi Gary thanks for your response. I really appreciate it. However, i am not sure i can understand (apologies i am not familiar with these topics). What i am trying to understand is if my savings in a UK bank when i will leave the UK are going to be taxed. This is the question i am trying to answer. I think you refer to pensions rather than to my question Could you please advise?