Three related questions
1) Will someone at the office sign on receipt of a registered letter, so the Royal Mail will confirm delivery?
2) Due to the long delays, does the deadline of 31 July 2023 for making NI back-payments from 2006-2016 relate to the date when the document is scanned and in the system, rather than any decision being made? i.e. as long as my CF83 is in the system before 31 July 2023 it's not too late
3) I was advised to apply for class 2, on the understanding I may have to pay class 3. Once my CF83 is being dealt with, will I receive clear notification of what to pay, or do I need to re-enter the system again?
I sent my CF83 last week [9 May 2023] by registered mail - a couple of questions
1) Does someone sign on receipt of registered mail, so I'll know (via Royal Mail) if it's been received?
2) Can I confirm that the important thing is for my CF83 to be in the system by 31 July 2023 in order to make N back-payments from 2006-2017? In other words, that it won't matter - due to the backlog - that my case, and the decision on class 2 or 3 contributions - will probaby not be dealt with until early next year, and thus my payments will not be made until then