Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Tax on Savings Interest

Hi How should I declare and pay taxes on these £2145.01 of interest on my savings? Does this have to be done on a particular date of the calendar? Thank you
  • RE: Tax on Savings Interest

Hi I was paid by the bank £2145.01 of interests on my savings. Am I correct to say this is tax free as below £5000? Being on a £24,500 a year job which is my sole source of income, how much money from interests on savings can I have before having to pay tax on it? Thank you!
  • RE: Cash gift from parents outside UK

Hi I am a full time UK resident with an Irish passport. My parents who are based in Belgium sent me £105,000 as a gift/donation to buy an apartment. This has been put in a savings account in a UK bank pending the purchase of the apartment is completed. This is due to generate some financial interest. I have received from HM Revenue & Customs a certificate of tax position. Am I correct to select "I have not declared my overseas income and/or gains as they are not liable to UK tax"? If not what would be the most adequate of the three other potential answers on the certificate of tax position to describe my position? Thank you!