Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 27 May 2024 14:54:56 GMT by MMF
Hi, I have just completed my first financial year as a micro-entity UK limited company, and I am the only director and employee. I received 8 payments from 8 invoices (all UK customers), and have some travel expenses too. I mistakenly didn't register for payroll to pay myself a salary and keep the profit down, so I ended up paying myself a single dividend instead at the end of the year, and it means I now have to pay corporation tax on the profit. I am currently trying to fill out the CT600 but have a query about the figures I need to enter on the 'Profit and Loss' page, especially the 'Tax on Profit' box (AC34). Could someone kindly confirm which boxes I need to fill in and what figures I need to enter in those boxes? Turnover was £4478 Total Expenses was £422 So profit is £4056 I believe I will have to pay corporation tax at 19% which I calculate is £771 I paid myself a single dividend of £3285 which I need to report on a self assessment tax return. I put the following figures on the CT600 'Profit and loss' page and would like to know if I have done it correctly: £4478 in Turnover box AC12 £422 in the 'Other Charges' box AC425 (is this where my expenses go?) £771 in the 'Tax on Profit' box AC34 When I enter these figures in those boxes, the online form calculates the 'Profit (or Loss)' value as £3285 at the bottom of the page, which is the figure I was expecting but I'm still just wondering if I've filled this form out correctly! I did ask a couple of local and online accountants for a quote to to do my first year figures but they all quoted around £1000 + VAT, which seems excessive to me to sign off and fill in a CT600 for just 8 customer payments and a few train travel and food receipts, so i am trying to do it myself. Thanks.
Posted Wed, 29 May 2024 11:00:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi MMF,
It is up to the director to ensure that the accounts are correct and complete.  HMRC do not provide a checking service.  
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.