Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 22 Aug 2023 12:23:16 GMT by
Dear HMRC Team and community members I hope you are doing great Kindly help on the following: I am director of LTD company. When my company was set up the Government Gateway Account either set up. I have 2 step verification for my account (google app) . A long time ago I have lost the phone where will be Google Authenticator for my Government Gateway. Could you tell me please how to recover my code as I do not enter in account and because of this not file Corporation Tax Return. Futher, I can not contact with HMRC via phone as I am deaf It is possible to return account or should I create another one? If I am create another one, in previous will be penalty for not filing Corporation Tax Return? Thank you
Posted Wed, 30 Aug 2023 10:01:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Steffen KOCH,

•    you can try to self-serve at HMRC online services: sign in or set up an account
•    to sign in with their User ID and Password
•    select the link
    'Problems receiving this code' then
    'you can get help’
•    to follow the online prompts
•    when they make the request online Gov.UK will issue an email to them and the selected administrator
•    once the reset has been performed with Group management new confirmation emails will be sent to them and the selected administrator
•    they can then update the way they get their access code the next time they sign in
OR
You can contact us through webchat
Technical support with HMRC online services
OR
If you cannot use a telephone and need a different way to contact HMRC
Get help from HMRC if you need extra support

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 03 May 2024 15:40:09 GMT by bertignac
I am having a problem pairing an authenticator app with HMRC. I have a gateway ID and password, but can't get an access code because my authenticator is not paired with HMRC. i've called all the numbers at HMRC and nobody can help me. They are totally useless. What to do?!
Posted Mon, 13 May 2024 10:44:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi bertignac

Guidance on setting up an authenticator app is available on our website at Set up your authenticator app.  
If your authenticator isn't able to pair with HMRC perhaps you could try using a different one or contact the authenticator.  
If you require techncial support with HMRC online services please refer to our website at Technical support with HMRC online services       

Thank you                                                                                     

You must be signed in to post in this forum.