Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2024 17:29:46 GMT by Sue White
I have an agent who will be dealing with CGT on our late mothers flat - - she's sent me a link for approval - I've tried to do it with her link - IN the Government gateway - but it keeps telling me I have to prove my identity; - I've done password / driviing licence and credit agencies to try and verify but apparently ALL my data is wrong and HMRC can't recognise me - despite having had an account with them for around 17 years
Posted Mon, 05 Aug 2024 08:52:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,
Apologies for the issues you've experienced here.
To help us resolve them, please contact our online helpdesk via:
Technical support with HMRC online services
Thank you.
Posted Mon, 05 Aug 2024 08:59:03 GMT by Sue White
Thanks for the response - I just don't understand how the system can tell me they can't prove my identity when I've had an account with you for so long that the system cannot validate my identity - it doesn't make any sense
Posted Mon, 05 Aug 2024 13:00:53 GMT by Sue White
I've tried online - but your "bot" can't understand me - and I cannot get through on the telephone lines
Posted Thu, 08 Aug 2024 09:48:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Sue,
We are sorry if you are having difficulties contacting HMRC.
There is the option to webchat/call/write here:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 
Posted Thu, 08 Aug 2024 17:45:58 GMT by Sue White
I've spoken to your staff on the phone who cannot understand what is happening and why - I've spoken to MULTIPLE people on our helpdesk and I believe they genuinely do not understand the issue - I've had my online account for a very long time - I didn't have to prove my identity when I paid off my bill. The process is time sensitive - and several people will be directed affected if this isn't resolved - someone PLEASE help me
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2024 09:51:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 5 Response
Hi Sue White

I am sorry if you are having difficulties in resolving your online issues. For assistance please contact the online helpdesk Technical support with HMRC online services

Thanks

You must be signed in to post in this forum.