Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2024 11:15:48 GMT by Jimmy Bhathena
Hello I have a list of Approved offshore reporting funds as published by HMRC every month https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/offshore-funds-list-of-reporting-funds I have invested in a few offshore funds in India and I do have their ISIN numbers. For the purpose of my Self Assessment, when referencing the list from above, I do not find the ISIN number in the list. However, when the accounting firm that I have appointed, have done the identification and they suggest that some of the funds are actually reportable and some are not. However, when I look at all those ISIN numbers, I am unable to find those ISIN numbers in the list of approved offshore reporting funds. What is the best way to identify if a fund is reportable or non reportable in the UK? I want to make sure that my Self Assessment is done correctly and that I need to have a method to identify if a fund is reportable or not? I am not happy with the service from the Accounting firm and I am not sure I can trust them so can I contact HMRC to confirm based on the Fund ISIN numbers to suggest if these are reporting funds or not?
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2024 10:27:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi,
The list of approved reporting funds is at:- Approved offshore reporting funds. if it is not on the list it is not approved.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.