Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 14 Jan 2024 15:31:33 GMT by James
Hi there I have a general investment account and own some accumulation units in a single mutual fund - I made a partial disposal at the start of this tax year (12/4/2023). I'm unclear as to whether I will receive any dividends this year for the units in the partial disposal - I want to get clarity on this before the end of the tax year so that I can calculate any potential capital gains implications of further disposals. The partial disposal (12/4/2023) happened between the ex-dividend date for this year's dividends (01/11/2023) and the previous ex-dividend date (01/11/2022). (all 3 purchases happened before the previous ex-dividend date, so all are classed as group 1 and entitled to full dividend this year / no equalisation) My original assumption was that I wouldn't receive any dividends for the units disposed of, so I can just multiply the dividend rate by remaining units I hold to calculate the amount of dividends I will get - is that correct? Thanks!
Posted Wed, 17 Jan 2024 12:22:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 5 Response
Hi

Please have a look at the guidance on the disposal of mutual funds at IFM01000 - Introduction to Investment Funds Manual, as it will provide guidance on the tax position of investors in these funds.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.