Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 18 Sep 2023 21:21:29 GMT by Vicky17
I am an Indian citizen and a UK tax resident. I don’t have an ILR yet. My mother wants to send me £350,000 to help me buy a house here. Do I need to declare this amount to HMRC? Thanks.
Posted Wed, 27 Sep 2023 14:17:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

There are no Income Tax implications on the receipt of a cash gift unless the cash gift generates interest or dividends. These would then potentially be subject to tax. You can see guidance here:

Tax on savings interest

Tax on dividends

Thank you.  

You must be signed in to post in this forum.