Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2024 23:49:06 GMT by Jia Qin
Hello, I am currently 16, about to turn 17 in a couple months. I still haven’t received my NINO but whenever i call, i would be sat there for more than an hour just waiting for someone to answer and no one ever does, and i even called from 3pm till closing and noone answered. I also moved houses recently so i need to have that changed on the system too but i cant ever get a hold of anyone.
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2024 15:18:17 GMT by swapnil
hii my name is swapnil singodiya, i'm a student studying in UK and i've applied for the NI number 3 times still i haven't recieved any kind of response, it's been an year since i've been applying and now im stuck, I want my NI number immediately to work in the Uk, it's not east to live here while bearing high exchange rate and inflation rates as well until we work here.
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2024 11:13:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi,
You can request a copy of your National Insurance number by post by completing form CA5403 which can be obtained from our website –
Get your National Insurance number by post.
Thank you.
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2024 14:46:34 GMT by Laila_h17
Hi, I'm 17 and haven't received my NINO, it just hasn't turned up, I've been trying for months and nothing ever happens, I've rang and rang and nothing is happening? I have been un able to get a job because of this. please get back to on to resolve this
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2024 11:16:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 8 Response
Hi,
HMRC do not allocate new NINOs and we cannot give an exact timescale for your application.
If you applied more than 8 weeks ago they should contact the National Insurance allocation helpline at the DWP to progress chase your application. Please find the contact details below:
Number
0800 141 2079
Text Relay
18001 0800 141 2075
Open
8am to 5pm Monday to Friday
Web Address
www.hmrc.gov.uk/ni
Thank you

Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2024 04:21:51 GMT by Laila_h17
I was supposed to receive my NIN before my 16th birthday and I'm nearly 18 and haven't received it. I've tried to contact people about where it is but I never get anywhere
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2024 11:15:10 GMT by Caroline2024
HI, I worked in the UK from 1998 to 2004. Whilst working there I was issued a temporary NI number. I am now living in Ireland and am trying to register my claim for a UK pension. Unfortunately I cannot do this as I was only ever issued a temporary national insurance number. I have been in ongoing contact with HMRC over a year now and have filled out the CA053 form but I have not received any response. I have also made multiple phonecalls to multiple areas within HMRC and nobody seems to know what to do or how to help me. All advice I have gotten has turned out to be incorrect. At this stage I have nowhere else to turn as I keep getting a brick wall. Surely I am not the only person in this situation. I have provided details of all past employers, all past addresses and my temporary national insurance number but every section I get transferred to says they do not know how to help me and I keep getting directed back to various helplines who again have people who cannot help me. This is an urgent matter as there is a deadline in 2025 that I need to have my application approved by and without a national insurance number I cannot even apply. As advised I have been a year trying to resolve this without any success. Please please please can somebody help me! Caroline
Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2024 13:04:45 GMT by Rogine B. Barotilla
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.