Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 07:37:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Sian Edwards,
HMRC will issue the A1 certificate with the approved stamped signature.
We are in discussions with the Spanish authorities you will need to provide the name and address of the foreign office which is not accepting the A1 certificate already issued.
This would have to be done in writing and not via this forum, as posting personal information of individuals will be a breach of GDPR.
Thank you. 

Posted Tue, 05 Mar 2024 12:28:04 GMT by olliejgooding
Thanks @hmrc admin 19 for your original reply. My A1 from came within 5 weeks, which was a pleasant surprise given the expectation was 13 weeks. However, I had expected it to arrive with my S1 form. There is a misleading piece of text on this website which says: HMRC will consider whether you qualify for UK funded healthcare, and if you do, HMRC will also issue you with a healthcare entitlement certificate (also known as S1). https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apply-for-a-certificate-or-document-if-self-employed-in-the-eu-eea-or-switzerland-ca3837 This is not the case- you have to apply separately as I found out to my chagrin. Please could you remove this confusing text from the website? I’ve now been waiting 5 weeks for my S1 form and am very much hoping that it will similarly be quicker than the stated expected date (1st May ), but hard to know what’s actually going on.
Posted Fri, 05 Apr 2024 09:26:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi olliejgooding,
When an application for an A1 is made, in certain circumstances the S1 is also considered.
Without looking at your personal records we are unable to check if the S1 was considered with your A1 application.
The current timescales for online S1 applications is 4 weeks.
Thank you. 
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2024 09:04:19 GMT by Fabia Miah
Hi, I applied for an A1 form certificate on the 28th of January 2024 but still haven't received anything. I received a letter only asking me to confirm the date I arrived in the UK, to which I replied in February 2024. Could you please tell me when I will receive it? I need to provide this document to my employer, and it is very difficult to reach someone by phone (I spent 30 minutes waiting and then it hung up). Thank you in advance for your time. Fabia
Posted Fri, 03 May 2024 09:15:25 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Fabia Miah,
The timescale for processing your application is 2 weeks if you applied online, or 53 weeks if you sent your application or reply to a query via post. 
Thank you.

Posted Sun, 12 May 2024 12:12:04 GMT by Christos Christodoulou
Hello, Over a month ago, I requested the A1 form. Later on the same day, I was advised that this was not the form I initially needed. On that same day, I contacted gov.uk twice to inform them of this issue, and both times they mentioned that they made a note that this request "should not be forwarded". After a month, I received the A1 form along with confirmation of something I did not want and would not follow through with. As I am currently under a Visa status, will this affect anything? Is there anything else I can do to prove that I still intend to reside and work in the UK and that I had requested not to receive this form? Thank you, 

Name Removed admin .
Posted Tue, 21 May 2024 10:32:43 GMT by Colin Brooker
Hi, How does a employer send supporting documents (wage slip) for an A1 application for an employee? Thanks Colin
Posted Tue, 28 May 2024 12:14:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 8 Response
Hi,
Please contact the National Insurance helpline and advise them that you want the A1 certificate to be cancelled.
They will be able to check your records and assist you with any further queries you may have.
The number to call is 0300 200 3500. Lines are open Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm.
Thank you.

Posted Fri, 31 May 2024 14:10:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Colin,
You can send supporting documents as an attachment to the application.
If you require further assistance on how to do this, please contact the Online Services helpdesk . Lines are open from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2024 09:52:44 GMT by Daniel Tyson
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.