Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2023 05:00:54 GMT by Steve Hill
I posted form CF83 to HMRC in June. When I check the 'Check Progress' page I do not see CF83 listed, but I do see that 'Form Type' "Online" was received days later - is that how CF83 receipt is shown? (I'm surprised I don't see the form number) -Thanks
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2023 12:17:04 GMT by Sharon2
Can you please confirm what dates you are currently working on for the application of class 2 voluntary national contributions received from Spain. I have checked websiste "check when expect a reply" but not sure what option to choose. Thanks Sharon
Posted Wed, 06 Dec 2023 17:02:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Steve Hill,
HMRC current timescales for submissions can be checked on gov.uk - Check when you can expect a reply from HMRC
If you have not submitted anything else the paper CF83 may be the one shown as “on-line”.
We cannot access a personal tax account as that is your own information record from various sources.
We can see post received under your individual national insurance account if you call the centre for non-residents to confirm the CF83 is received into our postal system, 
answer queries regarding national insurance status and entitlements, pension status and health care provisions for people under United Kingdom pension age who live or work abroad.
Number - 0300 200 3500
Overseas - +44 19 1203 7010
Fax - 0845 915 7800
Overseas Fax - +44 19 1225 7800
Address
PT Operations North East England
HM Revenue and Customs,
BX9 1AN
Open - Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Web Address - www.hmrc.gov.uk/ni
Thank you.

Posted Mon, 11 Dec 2023 14:43:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi Sharon2,

The correct option to chose for CF83 applications from an EU country is “EU application (including Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway & Switzerland) to pay National Insurance whilst abroad”.

Check when you can expect a reply from HMRC

We are currently working cases received on 13 February 2023, a 41 week timescale. The “you can expect a reply date” on the timescales link attached above is an estimate and may change.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.