Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 11 Sep 2024 13:28:44 GMT by Pesi Bilimoria
I am due to receive my State Pension from 22Dec24. My pension estimate is based on NI contributions up to Apr 2023, and my NI record up to Apr 2024 is still not available as on date. When will this be available and will my State Pension payment be adjusted to take into account NI contributions for 2023-24? And if there is any shortfall in NI contributions will there still be time to make a voluntary contribution in order to top up my pension payments?
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2024 11:23:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi,
I would advise you to set up a Personal Tax Account (PTA); you can then check if you will benefit from paying voluntary National Insurance contributions for the 2023-24
tax year and if you can pay online.
You can setup a PTA via this link - Personal tax account: sign in or set up.
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2024 15:56:53 GMT by Gary C
I am in a similar position, though I have a couple more months to get things sorted. Normally my record is updated in early summer to show the position to the previous April but this year, of all years, that is not yet the case! HMRC Admin 20, your reply to Pesi is not overly helpful. I have a PTA and have today checked my record and ability to pay voluntary years. Given that my 2023/24 record has not been updated yet - it will show not full when it is, as I retired from work several years ago and have paid only voluntary NI since then - I could only pay years up to and including 2022/23 which I have done today. So, the question is, when will our 2023/24 records show as updated on our record/PTA, so that we can (hopefully) then use the online functionality to also pay 2023/24. In my case I know I need to pay that year to achieve my maximum pension and have already had the required discussion with DWP.
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2024 12:14:01 GMT by Pesi Bilimoria
Thanks for your response. Specifically, when can I expect my 23-23 NI record to be updated and visible to me?
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2024 11:07:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Gary C,
Without being able to check your National Insurance record we are unable to ascertain if there is an issue with the 2023-24 year on your record so unable to give a definitive reply.
Can we suggest you contact the NI helpline on 0300 200 3500. Lines are open 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
National Insurance: general enquiries
They will be able to view your full record and give the relevant payment details.
Thank you. 

Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2024 11:14:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi sksksk,
It can take up to 8 weeks for your payment of voluntary contributions to be reflected on your Personal Tax Account (PTA).
If you could keep checking your PTA to ensure that it has been allocated as you wished.
If your payment is not recorded after the 8 weeks then please call our National Insurance Helpline on 0300 200 3500 (from the UK) or +44 191 203 7010 (from overseas) and they will be able to help you further.
Please have your payment details handy if you do call the National Insurance Helpline.
National Insurance: general enquiries
Thank you. 

Posted Tue, 01 Oct 2024 10:32:51 GMT by G Brett
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
Posted Sat, 05 Oct 2024 17:45:14 GMT by Ydboy
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.