Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2024 10:04:39 GMT by Paul Thomas
Hi, I have paid 10 years of NI contributions before leaving the UK some 30 years ago. After submitting the CF83 online and by post on the 06-06-24, stupidly, I misunderstood the question "have you worked abroad?" thinking this only related to being employed by a UK based company aboard , so I inputted NO. I have since come to understand that the question relates to any employment abroad regardless of where the company is based. So the information i put as "NO" is wrong, as infact I work abroad and pay local tax and social security to another country. Therefore, my question is, should I resubmit a new CF83 with the correct employment details? or send a new copy by post? Or send a covering letter with an explanation? Or something else? As the online Completed form can't be edited. Thanks
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2024 15:03:17 GMT by Antanas1963
I did the same. I sent CF83 second time.
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2024 11:32:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Paul,
If you could submit a new CF83 online with your employment details recorded then when we come to process your original one we’ll see your replacement one too and process it.  
If you could do this at your earliest convenience so that we can process it when we come to deal with the first one, but please don’t be concerned as this is easily sorted out.
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2024 10:47:29 GMT by Paul Thomas
Hi Admin20, thanks for the information and help. I have completed another CF83 with the correct information on the 24\06\24 and received email confirmation, but this form has yet to appear in my 'Account' when I 'Check Progress'. Is this normal?
Posted Fri, 05 Jul 2024 13:58:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,

Sorry that you can’t check the status of your CF83 application form online.  We can advise that if you live in an EU country then our International Team are dealing with queries received on 10 June 2024 so you could expect a reply by 3 August 2024.  If you live outside of the EU then our Team are dealing with queries received on 17 June 2024 so you could expect a reply by 25 July 2024.  

If you’d like to contact our National Insurance team then they will be able to check the progress of your CF83 application form.

National Insurance: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.