Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 13 Feb 2024 16:48:56 GMT by
On 11th October this year I will be 66 and I will qualify for my UK State Pension. I have lived and worked as a legal Resident in Mexico since 1999. My State Pension will be calculated on the years that I paid NI while living and working in the UK (1975 - 1999). I want to be sure that the process is under way to begin receiving my pension in October. I know that I will need to provide various documents for proof of my identity, plus I need to inform NI of my contact details here in Mexico. I have had no respone to multiple emails that I have sent. The Telephone number provided does not work. PLEASE HELP ME TO CONNECT WITH SOMEONE AT NI TO INITIATE THIS PROCESS. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2024 20:17:20 GMT by Gary C
This isn't an HMRC issue. A good place to start would be to contact the Department for Work and Pensions International Pensions Centre (details on GOV UK as I cannot post links). Generally you can submit a claim for your UK state pension no earlier than 4 months before your birthday but the IPC will explain things for you.
Posted Mon, 19 Feb 2024 11:42:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 5 Response
Hi RussellGibbon

The following page on gov.uk State Pension if you retire abroad: Claim State Pension abroad - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) advises how to obtain a state pension forecast and how to apply for your pension overseas

Thanks

You must be signed in to post in this forum.