Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 22 Aug 2023 15:22:01 GMT by
I have three years on my State Pension Forecast which are not full and state “We are checking this year to see if it counts towards your pension. We’ll update your record when this is finished, you do not need to do anything”. This message has not been updated in more than a year. I have attempted to write to HMRC for clarification of the situation but I have not received a response. I would like to make a voluntary contribution to fill these gaps. How do I do so when I am unable to find out the shortfall amount?
Posted Fri, 01 Sep 2023 07:36:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi THon,
The current timescale for the department that will be dealing with your letter is 36 weeks.
They are currently working on post received on 14 December 2022.
If you require this information urgently, you can speak to one of our advisors who will be able to access your records and provide you with details of any possible shortfalls that you can consider paying.
The number for the National Insurance Helpline is 0300 200 3500, lines are open from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
Thank you. 

Posted Mon, 19 Feb 2024 15:35:11 GMT by Sarah Wilson
hi I am still show the same message for 2013/24 - 10 years ago. i have written, can you tell me the current timescale?
Posted Tue, 05 Mar 2024 15:33:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

The team that deals with missing National Insurance contributions are currently dealing with queries received in May 2023. You will need to wait about 42 weeks from the date that we received your query for you to receive a reply.  

You can contact our National Insurance team to make sure that we have received your letter and they can give you a more accurate date of reply.

National Insurance: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 15:29:48 GMT by RevRy
How can we check if you received a letter relating to 2022-2023 this year is not full? I sent a letter stating my accountant had checked the system and it showed our payment of my ni contributions and still as at 8.3.2024 it is still saying still checking? I was told a few years ago that the system updates the ni records in December. I sent my letter dated 23.2.2024 I have also asked my accountant to log onto the agent's forum to try resolve this issue too.
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2024 07:47:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi RevRy,
There may be a problem with the your NI record.
We would advise you to contact the NI Helpline on 0300 200 3500 so we will look into it for you. 
National Insurance: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.