Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2024 14:23:51 GMT by katie12345
I need to correct a few years of payroll starting from 20/21 tax year, which my software will not allow me to do. I was told to submit this through basic PAYE tools. I cannot submit an EYU as this is only for tax years prior to this, i also cannot send an adjustment because i do not use this software to submit payroll, so there are no payments to select to change them, so i cannot understand how i am suppose to use this software to amend anything? I can only see guides on EYU and how to amend payments you have already processed via this software, please can someone explain?
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2024 06:45:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi katie12345,
You will need to send corrections using the original payroll software, if you are unsure how to do this, you will need to contact your payroll software provider.
If you wish to discuss further, please contact the Employer helpline.
Employers: general enquiries
Thank you. 
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2024 08:02:12 GMT by katie12345
Hi, As the beginning of my post states, I cannot use the payroll software, which is why I am asking how to do this?
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2024 10:59:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi
Unfortunately HMRCs guidance on this is you need to use the software which the error occured in. It is a basic functionality that your software should provide as a feature. If you cannot do this then I would contact them and ask them when this feature will be available.
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2024 11:05:38 GMT by katie12345
It is not a basic functionality as it is prior to when the software allows you to do this, and they have told me I need to use HMRC Basic tools, so I am asking how do I do this? Where does it state that the software should have this?? I have explained twice i cannot use the software, and i need help with the Basic tools please.
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2024 13:38:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 17 Response

Hi ,

Unfortunately you will need to send the corrected FPS from your current payroll software. 

All payroll products support an FPS as standard, therefore if your software does not currently allow an FPS for the relevant tax year you will need to approach your payroll software provider to establish when they intend to make the change to their product to allow you to file the required corrections you need to make.

Thank you .
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2024 13:43:44 GMT by katie12345
Can you please send a link to where it states 'HMRCs guidance on this is you need to use the software which the error occured in' As i have mentioned three times the software does not allow to you do this and as per sage guidance from HMRC they have directed me to here. You are both telling me opposite things, and rather then repeating each time that I need to use the software, could you please answer my question and provide evidence on your answer? They are not going to make the change as per their guidance i need to use PAYE basic tools.
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2024 11:07:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 13 Response
Hi Please call the Employer Helpline on 0300 200 3200 to discuss further. Thank you
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2024 11:11:21 GMT by katie12345
Please provide evidence where HMRC states the original software has to do this? If this exists then you will be able to send me easily. I do not need to spend over an hour waiting on the phone when i am simply asking you to provide something you have already stated is true.
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2024 07:11:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi katie12345,
We may be able to provide guidance on how to do this through BPT if you are not able to do this on the original software however we will need to speak to you directly and access your record which is why we are asking you to contact us by phone.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.