Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 08 Aug 2024 08:54:09 GMT by Victoria Baker
Morning all. Just after a little advice. My HMRC online account has been suspended. I have not received any communication regarding the whys. I have rang once I realised I couldn’t get in. The lady just said it’s been suspended, no known reason so she has sent it to the relevant people (can’t remember who) and they should contact within 2 weeks. I’m just coming to the end of those two weeks now and not heard anything. Back in June of this year I logged in and found an unknown employer, in those details there had been a payment. Obviously I never received that payment as I don’t work for nor do I know of this company. I searched the company online and it was a new company based in Romford, the company director is Romanian. I removed the company from my online account. Could this be a reason my account has been suspended? I find it very odd that I’ve had no communication.
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2024 08:35:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Victoria,
Please contact HMRC on:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
To allow us to review this matter.
Thank you. 

Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2024 09:48:31 GMT by Victoria Baker
I have already done that. As I said, I was told I would get a call back within 2 weeks. It’s now over 2 weeks and I’ve heard nothing.
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2024 09:52:38 GMT by Nat Ngan
Same. Never ever get response from HMRC. My account has been suspended for more than a months, contacted them via phone and technical support, raised at least 2 jobs with them and no reply, called again and only asked me to wait. To be honest, how can we complaint further to the or legal action about it. I had enough with all their staff and poor communication.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.