Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 27 Sep 2023 05:39:06 GMT by Lamprey Smith
Update on Haytch… HMRC sent us a copy of the document my son signed, it was an R85 form, an R85 form is for reclaiming interest on savings and investments NOT for claiming an income tax rebate… So we’ve now written to HMRC. Incidentally and interestingly , my son does not have any savings or investments, yet the form has been pre-filled with fictitious figures, purporting to be sums of money liable for reclaiming…
Posted Sat, 07 Oct 2023 12:33:50 GMT by
My husband, an 82 year old, partially blind pensioner has received his tax refund from Haytch accountants after months of waiting. He was owed £178.34. They charged a whopping £145.60 in "fees". He was left with £32.74! This is a disgusting money grab scam. My husband did not nominate this company to act on his behalf so why didn't HMRC pay him directly? I am not going to let this matter go. Does it mean HMRC condones this vile practice. If that is the case I think I may go public and expose this.
Posted Wed, 18 Oct 2023 10:24:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi June2Bob Karlstad,

HMRC would repay the 3rd party if we received a claim nominating them as the recipient of the repayment.
If fees are charged your husband would need to contact the 3rd party to disucss.
If your husband thinks this is a fraudulent claim then he should report this to action fraud 0300 123 2040 website www.actionfraud.police.uk

Thank you.
Posted Sun, 22 Oct 2023 13:15:31 GMT by Lisa Bullock
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
Posted Mon, 23 Oct 2023 08:00:18 GMT by Lisa Bullock
In order to get the tiny bit Haytch pass over they want a copy of my Dads passport/driving licence/birthcert and a utility bill. Is this safe to send to these criminals?
Posted Tue, 31 Oct 2023 10:58:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

It is not advisable to send personal details to a company you are unsure of.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2023 14:58:38 GMT by
@LampreySmith, if your son wasn't eligible for the tax refund, how did he claim it directly from HMRC?
Posted Fri, 23 Feb 2024 07:10:37 GMT by Lamprey Smith
The form my son signed was an R40 (to claim a refund of income tax deducted from saving and investments) my mistake in my earlier posts where I referred to it as an R85. However, HMRC sent his tax rebate from his earnings as an employee to HAYTCH Accountants, my son has not signed any documents permitting HMRC to do this. We have written to HMRC and raised this, the response did not address this issue, so we have written again…
Posted Tue, 27 Feb 2024 09:43:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi Lamprey Smith,
You would need to contact HMRC to review the repayment claim received Income Tax: general enquiries.
Thank you.
Posted Thu, 07 Mar 2024 07:57:06 GMT by Lamprey Smith
HMRC admin 21, we have written and phoned a number of times and we are no further forward. The last customer service adviser stated that the R40 form covers both, income tax deducted from savings and investments and tax rebates… We sent another letter approximately 2 weeks ago relating to this matter and haven’t as yet heard back. Please could you look into this matter on my sons behalf.
Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 14:03:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Lamprey Smith,
I am sorry you will need to contact HMRC direct to review Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.