Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 Apr 2024 19:39:07 GMT by Peter Pollard
I am resident abroad and reliably receive my UK pension in a national bank. Today's (Mon. 8th April 2024) receipt showed no circa 8½% increase. Maybe I have to expect this in 4 weeks time. However, albeit after a good few years, it has brought my focus upon the rate and charges of exchanging currency from Sterling to my local currency. I will speak with my local bank for more information but will I be able to assemble detailed information from source to destination? Using "day rates" published over the internet or in the news as a rough guide, I am relatively at ease with the result to have no complaint thereof. I guess I wish to simply have some kind of statement, no matter how small, of the amount I am receiving from the UK, in that nation's currency. Many thanks in advance.
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 14:55:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi

Your pension provider should provide you with a P60 every year.  This would confirm the annual amount of pension you have received from them.  
If you are referring to your state pension, you would need to contact the state pension helpline on 0800 731 0175 or from overseas +44 191 218 3600 (8:00am to 6:00pm, Monday to Friday).

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.